In winter I like to make a warm snack like with goat cheese , apricot and bacon , but in sprin I like to keep my appetizers a bit lighter. And because the chickens are already laying delicious eggs, I find that a great starting point. For this dish , I used delicious savory cherry tomatoes (buy the best you can get your hands on) combined with a slightly sweet egg salad. The perfect combination . Do make enough because you can ate a lot of this appetizer!
Wow what a view
Also the cows do love the weather and are outside again. Theay are eating delicious grass ! And the great part, this is my daily view! This I can enjoy every day with a cup of tea in my hand. Relax , watching grazing cows. Lucky me!
Recipe: Appetizer, tomatoes stuffed with egg salad
- 2 eggs, hard-boiled
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 0.5 tsp curry
- 0.5 shallot
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Chop the chives into thin strips.
- Peel the eggs and mash them with a fork.
- Cut the shallot finely and add to the eggs.
- Spoon the mayonnaise, ketchup and curry and mix everything well.
- Cut at the bottom a very thin slice of the cherry tomato, so it won't fall.
- Slice the top off and hollow out with the tip of a teaspoon.
- Then fill with egg salad and put on the serving dish.
- Repeat until all cherry tomatoes (or egg salad) is done.
More from my site
This post is also available in: Dutch