Besides a strong preference for Indian food, I have another weakness: Lasagne. Delicious that Bolognese sauce combined with dough and cheese. However, there is one thing I absolutely can not appreciate: a thick layer of béchamel sauce. Yes I know it officially belongs in this dish, but it’s just not my thing. I personally find it such a waste of the tasty lasagna. Of course I make the lasagna from scratch. Want to know how? Look at the recipe below!
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 500 grams of ground beef
- herbs ( thyme, rosemary, basil)
- bay leaf
- 2 cans of tomato paste (140 grams)
- 1 can of peeled tomatoes
- 1 pack sieved tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Lasagne (homemade recipeto follow until the part of cutting the spaghetti );
- Cheese: aged chees or mozzarella.
- Bolognaise sauce
- Cut the onion and garlic fine.
- Grab the frying pan and put a little olive oil in it. Put the pan on the stove on low heat.
- Add the onion and bake for 3 minutes. Then add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Grab a skillet.
- Open the cans of tomato paste and put them in the skillet.
- Put the skillet on the stove on low heat. Stir with spoon carefully about 3 minutes. Smell if the tomato paste is done. If it still smells sour, it must still bake a bit longer, otherwise it's ready . Then turn off the heat and add the onions / garlic.
- Grab the frying pan and put it in a little oil. Bake the minced beef brown.
- Throw in the collected herbs, salt and pepper. Add the tomato/onion mixture with it, the peeled tomatoes and sieved tomatoes. Add sugar and top it with a bay leaf . Put the lid on the pan and let simmer for 30 minutes . Stir occasionally.
- prepare lasagne:
- Pre-heat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Spoon ⅓ of bolognaise sauce in the baking dish.
- Cover with a layer of lasagne sheets.
- Repeat this once more.
- Spoon the last bolognaise sauce on the lasagne sheets and sprinkle with grated cheese or sliced mozzarella (or a combination).
- Set the dish in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
More from my site
This post is also available in: Dutch