The last days of 2013 are there. We can look back on great moments. And we look forward to everythings changing and our kids growing up so fast. This was the last year all my kids were on primary school. Next year the first one is going to a secondary school. But I know there will be beautiful moments in that new period.
On New Year’s Eve we come together with our friends and laugh and eat small appetizers, which everybody takes a long. Our tastebuds are used those evenings, with a lot of succesful recipes. And therefor the coming couple of days small appetizers. Ideal to eat on New Year’s Eve (or on any time of the year). And starting with: filled dried apricots with goat cheese.
- you want this snack juicy and not dry and burned, you soak the apricots in hot water.
- you want to make this dish in advance, you put the stuffed apricots in the baking dish and cover the baking dish with plastic foil. Put in the refrigerator until you bake it. You can make it up to one day in advance;
- the apricots are very hot, serve it with a stick (believe me that’s better for your fingertips)
Recipe: stuffed apricot with goat cheese
- 20 dried apricots
- 50 grams soft goat cheese
- 10 slices bacon
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Boil water and take of the heat.
- Put the apricots in the water for 10 minutes and get them out with a slotted spoon.
- Cool them slightly.
- With a sharp knife make a cut in the apricot (not through and through only about ¾ deep).
- Fill it with a small cube of goat cheese.
- Cut the bacon in half and wrap the apricot.
- Put the apricot in a baking dish.
- Put the baking dish in the oven for 5 minutes and eat while they are still warm.
More from my site
This post is also available in: Dutch