Sometimes you’ve got house guest that are vegetarian. Or maybe you’re a vegetarian yourself. With this soup recipe you get a delicious and elegant recipe. A great soup for Christmas.
- you want to peel your almonds real easy, you put them in in boiling water for about 1 minute. Get them out with a slotted spoon and rub them in a towel. The skin will come off easily.
- you want to get as much flavour as possible, you crush the garlic with the back of a spoon. Crushing garlic will give a lot of extra flavour.
Recipe: Garlic almond soup
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or 2 sprigs
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary or 2 sprigs
- 1 potato
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 800 ml vegetable stock
- 160 grams almonds
- At taste: salt, pepper, lemon juice
- Crush the garlic and take the skin of.
- Slice the garlic finely.
- Peel the potato, wash it and cut in 1 x 1 cubes.
- In a pan heat the olive oil.
- Add the garlic and herbs and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the potato cubes and stir-fry for another 30 seconds.
- Pour the stock in and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Put the heat of and add the almonds.
- If you used herb sprigs take them out.
- Take the blender and smooth the soup.
- Taste and add salt, pepper of lemon juice if necessary.
More from my site
This post is also available in: Dutch