Oops, I was busy taking pictures when glass became flying around. Accident or oversight on my part. But nobody was hurts so the damage is not too bad, although again a dish less. That makes a good excuse to go shopping again real soon for new props (my cabinets aren’t already bulging out enough
Because of the spring, the birds are singing and the sun is already warm, today a real spring soup. The recipe comes from the cookbook Eat with family and friends of Sarah Raven and that really is one of my favorite cookbooks. Seasonal food and not too difficult recipes. These rocket spinach soup is really a season topper . Both veggies got plentiful harvest in the spring. And the creamy spinach, along with the pepper of the rocket makes that this really become a delicious recipe.
Recipe: Spinach and rocket soup
Ingredients (2 people)
- 20 grams of butter;
- 1 tablespoon olive oil;
- 1 shallot, finely chopped;
- 1 clove garlic, minced;
- 200 grams of potatoes, floury;
- 500 ml vegetable stock;
- 500 grams of spinach;
- 150 grams arugula;
- 125 ml creme fraiche;
- Nutmeg, salt and pepper at taste.
- Blender or hand blender.
- Cut the potatoes into cubes of 1 x 1 cm.
- Fruit onion in a pan in which you melted the butter and added the olive oil.
- Turn the heat to low and braise for about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and stir fry for another 1 minute.
- Add the broth and potatoes and bring to a boil.
- Let simmer for 20 minutes, then add the spinach and rocket.
- Simmer for 1 minute and remove the pan from the heat.
- Puree the soup in a blender or in a hand blender.
- Mix the creme fraiche through and season at taste with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Heat the soup, but making sure it does not come to a boil.