A nice and special soup for Christmas: garlic almond soup.
Ingredients (4 persons)
- 4 cloves garlic;
- 1 teaspoon thym or 2 sprigs;
- 1 teaspoon rosemary or 2 sprigs;
- 1 potato;
- 3 tablespoons olive oil;
- 800 mL vegetable stock;
- 160 grams almonds;
- At taste: salt, pepper, lemon juice.
Crush the garlic and take the skin of. Cut the garlic finely. Peel the potato, wash it and cut in 1 x 1 cubes. In a pan heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and herbs and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the potato cubes and stir-fry for another 30 seconds. Pour the stock in and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 25 minutes. Put the heat of and add the almonds. If you used herb sprigs take them out. Take the blender and smooth the soup. Taste and add salt, pepper of lemon juice if necessary.
Tips and tricks:
- If your almonds got skins lay them in boiling water for about 1 minute. Get them out and rub them in a towel. The skin will come off easily;
- Crush the garlic before using it: by crushing it all the flavours come free!